Saturday, July 29, 2006

This week at TPBC

Well, I spent a week at TPBC doing the A-team work. That was real fun. We got to go up and sit looking at the stars at the ball diamond twice. I played and got real good at playing ping-pong. One of the quite interesting things I never would have guessed I would have done is 1. learn how to play Yu-gi-oh. A pretty weird game but not too bad. and secondly I learned how to play basketball. It's not like I didn't know how to play before, but I haven't played a real (real is a loose term ok?) game of basketball in years. I did alot better than the last time I played basketball I'm pretty sure since the reason I wouldn't play it ever is because I stunk like you wouldn't believe. I'm still not that good because I can't make too many shots but I'm not too bad. It seems that at a certain point of my maturing from kid to near-adult my senses, acuracy, and muscularity have heightened making it feel like I'm more elvish than before. By the way that's what I compared it to because of what happens to Eragon in the books by Christopher Paolini (that might be wrong spelling).
Anyway I ended up doing those things on Friday after getting really bored out of my mind because I couldn't find anyone on the a-team that was doing anything fun except for the people playing basketball. I also managed to bloody Danny's lip during basketball (on accident of course) because I didn't see him and I leaned left to run that way and slammed my head into his chin.
I was sorry (not nearly as sorry as I would have been if it were someone else, but sorry nonetheless).
All in all it was a great weekend.

and an article that's freakin awesome for you to read and contemplate till next week.
Forest family had an elaborate camp among trees

Till next post.
Your faithful typer,
Yokanchi

These are too good not to post. They're not quotes but they're one liners that I couldn't pass up and I'm not going to hang on to the e-mail till I post them one at a time, so enjoy while I'm gone. Maybe you can read one a day or something.

~
1. Birds of a feather flock together ... and crap on your car.

2. There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to lookfor it. For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.

3. When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself.

4. If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

5. Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.

6. A penny saved is a government oversight.

7. The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

8. The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.

9. The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

10. He who hesitates is probably right.

11. If you think there is good in everybody, you haven't met everybody.

12. If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

13. The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble.

14. Did you ever notice: When you put together "THE" and "IRS," it spells "THEIRS.
~

(well, maybe 2 a day)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Double Post!

Is that the same Danny who was obsessed with the flashlight?

Yokanchi said...

oh yeah, that was him too.