Thursday, July 06, 2006

Don't buy xbox controllers from Amazon

Well I've about had it with the idiots selling xbox controllers on Amazon. I ordered two controllers for Philip's birthday (yeah just keep that in mind when he tells you that I'm a rotten brother) and only one has come. The one I did get came with a nearly severed cord and didn't even have the connection cable that goes from the cord to the xbox. I posted a really angry comment about that seller. After that I e-mailed him and asked what in the world he was thinking. He replied with an e-mail in all caps asking why I didn't let him resolve it first. This is the first time I'd actually left any negative feedback and so I didn't really think he'd do anything. In that same e-mail he'd said remove the feedback for a refund. I did and told him so, this was before I read a thing on Amazon that said not to remove negative feedback under pressure from sellers. So far as much as he's concerned about me now he's dropped off the face of the earth (idiot). Well, as for the other controller the seller very well could have died and I wouldn't know. The very least they could do is send an obituary to let me know. The controller hasn't arrived, the money is gone and the seller hasn't replied to the e-mail I sent him A COUPLE WEEKS AGO. I just now sent another one threatening him with a negative comment if he doesn't let me know what's going on. Unfortunately that's all I can threaten. Apparently you have to send back the merchandise to get a refund. As for the other controller, it's usless and even if I sent it back I'd only be getting about 3 dollers of my money actually back since they don't refund shipping and I'd have to pay 8 bucks total in shipping costs (here and back) as well as getting it all ready and sending it. So I'm pretty mad. I might try to go to Amazon and see if I can complain to them about it. The controller I got was described as at least usable, I wouldn't buy anything less :(

Well...

Till next post.
Your faithful typer,
Yokanchi

~
"The reason I like heavy metal is well... I just like heavy metal, thats why I like aircraft carriers."
- Michael Savage
"
(that's a funny one, he's one of my favorite talk show hosts.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! My Amazon orders have all come in perfectly. 'Course, that's one reason I make sure to order it new or the seller has ~98% positive ratings on +1,000 sales.

Yokanchi said...

I usually only get it if it's in really good condition or so (or it's really really cheap hehe). Isn't it hard to find someone with that many sales?

Matt said...

It depends on what you're buying. I've only been burned once. A used CD I bought (Kutless) has one track that skips and isn't playable. But then I've only ordered CDs and books used on Amazon.

Yokanchi said...

yeah it probably does. You're pretty lucky lol, one track that skips is really pretty good! Mostly books and software is all I buy too, but I mean, they have a ton of stuff. I just hope that all their merchendise that isn't software or reading material isn't this bad. :( Any suggestions on what I should do anyone? I'm pretty anxious to recover what I can since I spent ~30$ or so on these controllers.

Matt said...

Well I'm not sure at this point. You shouldn't have retracted the feedback without resolution--but on the other hand it isn't a good idea to leave negative feedback without trying for resolution. If you'll come out at all ahead keep trying to contact the guy and get a replacement--also see what Amazon itself can do.

I know that with PayPal on eBay you can sometimes get a refund. I bought something last summer from England, but unfortunately the seller dropped off the face of the earth (or at least the internet) and due to the shipping time from England I didn't think to do anything until my two month deadline had passed.