Monday, November 14, 2005

Wycliff dinner

So, I just got back from a little dinner at a hotel hosted by Wycliff Bible translators. It was pretty cool. Sebastian was there too with his parents. We sat at a different table. They had good coffee. Anyway, it sounded really neat, and is getting me thinking about going into Bible translating. Just a thought, but it definitly sounds like something really cool to do, something I would enjoy doing.
Just a thought though. Anyway, thats about all. I really need to get working on debate stuff more. I'm probably going to quit speech after we finish the humourus interpretive speeches (i'm really looking forward to those) so I can put more hours into debate research, and building a case.

That reminds me, I have some speech homework to do. Hmmmm, which to do first speech or debate, speech or debate.
Help me decide!

Till next post.
Your faithful typer,
Yokanchi

~
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." - Winston Churchill
(does anyone understand that quote? It sounds funny, but I don't quite get it)
~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take your latest quote to mean something like this: Those monkeys are on a leash (literally and figuratively) and trained to do the bidding of the organgrinder. And Winston Churchill was a famous british politician. So, in other words, its pointless to talk to a "yes-man" when the holder of his "leash" is present. Anyway, that's how I took it. Let's await Chandler's Academic Excellence.

Yokanchi said...

could be

Anonymous said...

I take it as the discussion would be pointless, as the monkey would begin dancing and ignore you.

Yokanchi said...

thats more along the lines of what i was thinking lol

Anonymous said...

I just realized this was a new post... I thought this was the "The World of Disiance" post, which is actually below.

Wow.