Monday, February 20, 2006

Skiing and stuff

Well, I had a good time skiing. It was more cold this year than any other I think. I didn't enjoy the skiing I did in the morning as much because my face was going solid. After lunch however I had a good time. I skied with Sergey's friend Mason mostly, because he liked going down blue runs, and I did too. We liked going really fast down them. I wanted to go on Mary Jane, but we couldn't figure out a way to get to it without actually driving to the parking lot. Later I figured out a way that would have worked...
too bad.
It was pretty good anyway. I'm really not very sore interestingly enough. I think it's because I didn't do any blue blacks or anything.
I did some jumping, that was cool. I got some air while going really fast down a blue hill that was starting to form little tiny 'almost moguls' so I went off those and got some air. I did a few small jumps from trails in the forest, that was fun. The funniest part was when I went off this rather large jump from a trail going back on to a run, and I went high enough that I started to tip wrong, and so I screamed. It was embarrasing because it wasn't really a large jump and I wasn't going that fast either. I actually never really fell down the whole time, which was cool. I got a little close to wiping out at full speed on a blue. I slowed down after that. The only real fall I had was at the end. I came speeding down the hill and did some expert turning avoiding people and the fences at the end, and then did a nice little stop perfectly. Then, I lost my balence just standing there, and fell sideways a little but didn't actually get to the ground, because I caught myself with my hand. That's pretty cool.

Well, I have a speech tournament this weekend. Pray that I do well. One question, I have a five minute humorous speech I'm entering. The speech tournament lasts all day and not only that it's in Parker! Is it fair that I have to be there all day to enter my five minute speech?
Another thing I'm going to need a ton of prayer for, is the youth group's senior service coming up. I have to perfect a testimony I need to give by next sunday. I have worked on it some, but I've never written (or given) a testimony before, and I'm somewhat at a loss as to how to make it worth listening to. (concieted as I may seem, I really don't enjoy talking about my life's story that much. Things happen and I move on and forget about them. Boy doesn't that come in handy when people want to know everything interesting you've done in your life)
Also, I need prayer that I will have enough humility to not lose my sanity. We get to do a rather, (how should I put it) humiliating (I guess)and uncivilized (but more like, something any highschooler should not be caught doing)song for this same service, where we sing along with a tape of little kids singing a rather, (this is a more toned down version of what I think) unedifying (or, not worth watching) song.
Oh well, at least I don't have to put on a cowboy hat and dance around the stage with a toy horse....

So, pray for my sanity this week. It's a good thing I went skiing this monday, should keep me a little more relaxed (at least I certainly hope so).

Till next time.
Your faithful writer, (dreading the coming week)
The dreading Yokanchi

~
"How come you never see Cupid with a girlfriend?"
~

(your valentine quote, enjoy!)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm holding out for the cowboy-hat-and-hobby-horse dance, Bilfy! ;)

Yokanchi said...

*cough cough*

gee, must have choked on something big there!

Anonymous said...

I think the song thingy's cool. BTW Tony, it's me who's doing the cowboy&hat&toy horse "trot" *grin*

The whole thing's in and for fun, and please remember to sing, Bilfy! It makes my humiliation more enjoyable if ya'll sing, because that us "performers" get into what we have to do, which makes it much easier for us to do our parts. Note: I would say the most embarrased person in the song is Jessica -- by way far.

Yokanchi said...

well I'm glad you think it's cool (no further comment)

Julie said...

What song? This sounds fun... can i come over the hill to watch?

Yokanchi said...

It's Jesus loves the little children, in an over-done children's form. It's fine if you want to come watch, but I don't really know exactly where it is yet. Chandler or his dad might. Anyhoo it's this Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Yesh Jules! You should come, I don't know where it is but I could ask.

Julie said...

hmm... I wonder if i could get Mom to let me come. I'll have to work on it :-)

Anonymous said...

"I think it's because I didn't do any blue blacks or anything."

blue blacks??? *raises eyebrow*

Anonymous said...

Yeah, they're inbetween blues and blacks. I didn't go on any of them, so perhaps Bilfy can describe them.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you mean like a blue run that merges into a black?

Anonymous said...

Oh, now that could be. That would make sense too.

Yokanchi said...

I think you have been on one before Chandler. And yes they're in between a blue run and a black diamond run. If you still have your map Chandler, you might look and see a few on there. There aren't a whole lot, not as many as there are of blues and black diamonds seperately. I also didn't do as many blue runs as I like doing, so that could be another reason.

Anonymous said...

I don't have my map, remember I gave it to the other lost guy lol

Anonymous said...

I still don't get it, was I right in what I said in my last comment???