Saturday, January 28, 2006

Phone books and Debate

Well, we delivered phone books again today. Me and Benjamin and Mr. Sidebottom (our youth pastor. Don't even laugh, I see that grin on your mug... Wipe it off!!) worked together and we did pretty well. We delivered to only apartments, and that turned out quite well, since they were so close together. It was pretty fun, but also a whole lot of work. We delivered all day and I am quite tired, but not too sore, which is good. Well, at least no more sore than I usually am. Anyway, tomorrow our youth group is going to go together and see Narnia after a lunch together. Then we're planning on coming back to the Church for youth group.

Lol, I had to check my own blog to see if I had posted about me and Benjamin's debate tournament.
Apparently I forgot to post how our debate tournament went. I've been kind of out of it this whole week after debating four times in a single day. We only won one debate, which coincidentally ended up being against a team from our group. Besides them (we weren't supposed to be debating anyone from our group only other people)we also ended up debating two teams who had competed before and thus were at least second year debaters. This and us debating the team from SALT (Speakers A Living Testimony, or something like that. The name of our club) happened because a few teams didn't show up. Our first debate (the only one against a first year team from another club) was almost forfeited by the other team since one from their team didn't show up and walk into the room till the last minute. Anyway, after all the debate stuff, there were some separate speech things, among them (and the most fun of them which is why this category had the most competitors) was the HI Humorous Interpretive event in which you give a speech that is like a small act with multiple actors but you portray all of them. I found out that my speech teacher (or some other mischievous gnome) entered me in the HI part of the speech competitions. I do have a speech that I might do later in a competition, but unfortunately I wasn't expecting to do anything for speech there, and didn't have my speech handy (and wasn't memorized) so I had to cross my name out on the schedule. Anyway, it was a lot of good practice.

Till next post.
Your faithful typer,
Yokanchi

~
I set half the clocks in my house ahead an hour and the other half back an hour Saturday and spent 18 hours in some kind of space-time continuum loop, reliving Sunday (right up until the explosion). I was able to exit the loop only by reversing the polarity of the power source exactly e*log(pi) clocks in the house while simultaneously rapping my dog on the snout with a rolled up Times. Accordingly, I will be in late, or early.
~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

e*log(pi) = 1.644028895...

I don't have a 161/250th clock, where could I find one?

Yokanchi said...

I'd sell you one but I don't know what it is.