Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Debate stuff

Well, me and Benjamin went to my debate teacher's house and stayed there for a night. We debated today and my teacher said we won. It was fun once we got the hang of it and stopped freaking out because of time limits. She said we won because the affirmative team dropped an argument. Even though we didn't pursue some things we should have simply because I forgot about them. We also watched war of the worlds, which I don't recommend unless you like watching the little girl freak out (she had some real mental problems I think). The graphics were really cool, but there was virtually no plot, just lots of misplaced drama and the only reason anyone lives is that the aliens all die of colds that you don't even find out till the end from the narrator.

Anyway, we played some Halo2 with Jeff, Zack, (Ms. Maggie's kids) and Jay (another kid from debate).
That was fun and I was most often second place, which was cool.
That's about all I've been doing lately exept delivering phone books, which I get to do this weekend again with the youth group. Oh, and we have a debate tournament (practice tournament, but pretty much the same as a real one.) this coming monday. So, pray for us lol.

Till next post.
Your faithful typer,
Yokanchi

~
The psychiatrist said it was an excellent session. He even gave me this jaw restraint so I won't bite things when I'm startled.
~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, WotW isn't great at all, and I agree the little girl had issues.

I really like the quote this time though.

Fibonacci said...

I haven't seen that movie, but I have read the book and in general I don't think it ought to be dramatized with modern special effects; the book itself is more like an old black-and-white sci fi movie.