Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A Little Break

Here's a little break from the stuff I usually post.
Some stuff to take your mind off whatever your doing (even if your supposed to be concentrating.

I've been thinking of putting a link to a guest book for The Electric Typerwriter. Post what you might think of this. If you really want to, you could make me one and host it Chandler. But I can use bravenet just as easily.

-----------------



-------------------

Two men dressed in Pilots' uniforms walk up the aisle. Both are wearing
> dark glasses, one is using a guide dog, and the other is tapping his way
> along the aisle with a cane. Nervous laughter spreads through the cabin, but the men enter the cockpit, the door closes, and the engines start up.
> The passengers begin glancing nervously around, searching for some sign
> that this is just a little practical joke. But none is forthcoming.
> The plane moves faster and faster down the runway and the people sitting
> in the window seats realize they're headed straight for the water at the
> end of the runway.
> As it begins to look as though the plane will plough into the water,
> panicked screams fill the cabin.
> At that moment, the plane lifts smoothly into the air. The passengers
> relax and laugh a little sheepishly, and soon all retreat into their
> magazines, secure in the knowledge that the plane is in good hands. In
> the cockpit, one of the blind pilots turns to the other and says,
> "You know, John, one of these days, they're gonna scream too late and
> we're all gonna die.

Till next post.
Your faithful typer,
Yokanchi

~
I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.
- John Cage
~

(The ideas and opinions expressed in the end quote do not necessarily represent the moderator of this blog.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still enjoy that joke a lot...

1) I don't see why you should have a guestbook unless you have a lot of people who randomly come to your blog that I don't know about... (I just checked my site stats two days ago, it's amazing how many people go to mine randomly!, so it's certainly possible)

2) Yes, I could make/host one for you... but that would have to wait until I have some time, like Christmas break lol

Jessica said...

That's a pretty funny joke billy! Just thought I'd say Hi real quick! Let me know how you did on the SAT. Meg just took her's not too long ago. So what exactly are you planning on majoring in? I know you probably hate that question, I know I hated that question when I was graduating. Ok well I'm rambling hope all is well out west!
Jess

Yokanchi said...

Yeah, I know. The picture doesn't work. Sorry all, I was trying to get it hosted and I couldn't get it right. I ran out of time to work on it, so I'll have to fix it later if I ever get to it.

You don't have to make one for me if you don't want Chandler, I just thought you might want to. You go ahead and enjoy your christmas break.

Jessica: You're right lol I really don't like that question, but at least you know what I'm talking about lol. I'm thinking about doing something in the area of law and politics. But I'd have to say that linguistics, and music and other things look very inviting as well. *sigh* maybe someday I'll figure it out.

Anonymous said...

psssshh!!! Enjoy the Christmas Break? If I have nothing to do I will die from exaustion!

Yokanchi said...

you'll die from 'exaustion'?
Chandler, I hate to tell you this, but...
the only way to get better from exaustion is to rest.