Saturday, December 09, 2006

Broomball and Finals

Well tonight was pretty awesome! I got to go to the Slight/Sweazy dorm Christmas party. That was fun, but the real fun started when we went to play broom ball and various other games on the ice. For those of you who have not heard of broom ball (I hadn't) it's where you have two large teams and two goals similar to ice hockey. The thing that is different is that nobody is wearing skates. Contrary to the name we do not use brooms either, but we used these sticks with a small rubber thing on the end. Then instead of a puck, we use a rubber ball about 7 inches in diameter.

I almost didn't go because it costed 5$. My roommate ended up paying for me to go though, so that was really cool. Thanks Sean! Well, I also got to hang out with a really cool girl too and that added to the overall fun-ness.

Well, I don't have much more to blog. For next week I'm just praying that I study enough for the finals. Honestly I don't think they'll be too hard now that I've finished my finals for Aural Theory (That's music theory that you have to hear and know exactly what you are hearing). The English final could be a little bit hard. The study guide seems a little bit vague and I'm so I'm really not sure what all to study, but I have some notes I'll read and hopefully that will help. Then there's my old testament final. That will be somewhat hard. There's a significant amount of information to study, but I think it will be pretty easy. He's such a good teacher that he makes the learning easy. Unfortunately I'd have to say looking back I really didn't like my English Comp. Class so much. Realizing how much we actually have to do. The teacher is nice, but sometimes hard to understand. The thing I really don't like though is how we have to write 5 papers throughout the semester, then write a really big research paper, and then after that even take a final. Apparently this is the only English comp. class that we have to take a final in. None of the other English teachers require it. Oh well, it looks like alot of stuff I know. Oh, and there's even questions like the SAT. I thought that I was done with dumb SAT questions, but obviously my English teacher thinks that everyone wants more experience taking SAT like questions since we'll be doing that so much later in life..... Dunno....
oh well,

Till next time.
Your faithful typer,
Yokanchi

~
Everybody hates me because I'm so universally liked.
- Peter de Vries
~

PS They found Popeye's mom....


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Broomball...I think I played that with my friends on the fourth of July this year... YAY for Billy meeting a girl! :D
I really feel bad for Popeye's mother. She is just so...not ugly but...she is just so... something!! Now I'm gonna have nightmares for a week! Thanks a lot Billy!

Anonymous said...

Who is it I talked to last night?

Good luck on your finals!

Anonymous said...

You're stupid chandler. :)

Yokanchi said...

A few of my roomates and Mijah my RD
Why is Chandler stupid Moriah?

Yokanchi said...

Oh, and thanks Mijah! The prayers are much appreciated

Anonymous said...

Oh, and thanks Mijah for acknowledging my greatness! hehehe

Anonymous said...

Hal 2000...

Yokanchi said...

yeah, it's because we were talking over google talk last night and people were like, why is your computer talking? So Chandler told them he was Hal2000