Sunday, August 27, 2006

Old camp post

I was going through my things and found in a notebook a thing I wrote that I may have been planning on writing to put up. I don't know if I ever actually posted it, but it's pretty good, and after not seeing it for so long I want to post it now. I think I wrote it last year during camp (which is why it didn't go straight to the computer, and also probably why it's so good. I tend to write better when I do it on paper away from a computer screen. Too much distraction on a computer I guess.) Anyway, I'll just type this up. It's nice to have something of substance to post without actually having to think it up lol.

---------------

Humility



-Humble
a humble quality or state
That's the definition in the Webster's New Dictionary of the English language. But what is humility in God's eyes? God says: "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind let each of you regard one another as more important than himself; Do not merely look out for your own interests, but also for the interests of others.
Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who although, he existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God to be a thing to be grasped, But emptied Himself, taking the from of a bond-servant and being made in the likeness of men."
Philippians 2:3-7
Originally I was going to only quote the third verse, but Paul just explains it so amazingly well and thoroughly that I just had to keep going.
What we need to realize is that Paul is talking to people like us! And we need to apply these God given instructions to our own lives and attitudes. Simply stated, we need to squash the ego and trash the pride. Because this isn't just a suggestion, it's God almighty demanding that we "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind let each of you regard one another as more important than himself" And that is the kind of humility God wants from every one of us as Christians. Besides that we have a testimony to the world. We need to show what real Christians are made of and be "intent on one purpose". And that purpose is to further the christian cause and ultimately God's great plans and his desires for us to grow in his word and teachings. And thus allow the potter to form our lives like soft clay. Give into God today! And let him take control. As you follow the commands that God has plainly given us.

Till next post.
Your faithful typer,
Yokanchi

~
"The meeting of the clairvoyant society has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances."
~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually you did post that before, but it's definitely good for a repost!

Here's more of the stuff Bilfy writes on paper: "You know why they say to bring paper to camp? So we can write notes like this to each other!"

I also really enjoyed that quote.

Yokanchi said...

It's nice to know your reading my blog, but I wish you'd turn on your IM. we could've been chatting for a bit. I've been on for a while :(