Sunday, August 20, 2006

Bloggin at College now

I'm gonna have to start getting used to having internet so fast I click and a page just appears with virtually no waiting. Yep, I'm at TMC now.
I really gotta go to bed now, but I just wanted to make a quick post.
When I got here I was excited because I got the dorm I wanted. Then we went up to see the dorm room I got. We went and found out that I got to be in the most recently remodeled room. This was way better than I expected, it's really nice because everything's new and besides that there's central airconditioning for this dorm room itself. I'm getting used to having the temperature kind of low since I can't figure out how to change the thermostat. Also, the reason my roomates can't figure it out either is because I don't have any! Not really, but I won't have any for a week. This week is the WoW, week of welcome for those of you who didn't read Jeremiah's comment. That's the week for all of the first timers here at master's. The reason I don't have any roomates though is because I'm the only freshman in a dorm room of 5 which is pretty neat (I think it is) but weird because I have the whole thing to myself for a week. One thing that felt a little weird to me was having this week of welcome. While it's really really fun, I felt like I should be learning something or something and having more free time. I think this Wow week is to keep freshmen busy so they don't get homesick, but I found it kind of strange when I was expecting more time to go places I felt like going and taking classes and stuff. I don't know maybe I'm just weird for wanting to take classes right away lol, I guess it's just the homeschooler in me. Anyway, I did get to go to John MacArthur's church today which was really fun. He's a great pastor and I think I'm going to have to go to his church for a while. I didn't think I'd like it at first because it's such a humongous church (like 3-7 thousand) but I really liked the music at first (I guess that has something to do with the fact that they have a little orchestra and a huge choir right there for the singing of hymns in the Sunday service), but then also I liked our "Sunday school" which was actually "college group". That was fun, both messages we heared were really really good and I kept my classroom urge satisfied by taking notes in the 1st service and then at the night service. What's cool also is that they give you a bulliten for that day and it has all the songs your going to sing (mostly) and then a really nice area for taking notes that is made of really nice writing paper and has a place to write the main text and the title of the sermon. They also give you one of these for the night service which is really sweet and a nice way to take and keep your notes. I'm gonna like getting these little things every Sunday :) Well I have a really busy day tomorrow and I gotta go spend some time under them sheets so I'm gonna hit the shower and go to bed.

Till next post.
Your faithful typer,
Yokanchi

~
"The Christian life isn't difficult--it is impossible. If we don't know that, we will try to do things ourselves. Faith is not necessary when we think we can do it ourselves. Faith comes along when we realize that we cannot do it on our own." - Joseph Garlingen
~ I surely have been believing that lately :) pray for me!

5 comments:

Matt said...

When you say room of five do you mean that you're in Slight? If so which wing are you on?

Yokanchi said...

Lower front, yeah I'm in slight.

Matt said...

Lower Front? Ah, too bad. Upper back is the best wing! I was there three years--my first year I was in Waldock (before it switched to a girls dorm)

Yokanchi said...

I really like the lower front though first because I have the newest room in the dorm, but also because I like being able to just go in :)

Matt said...

Well hopefully you'll get the chance to appreciate SUB one of these years. It is isolated--you don't have to worry about anybody (especially girls) walking past the windows, so you can leave the blinds open. And every year I was there that wing had the best culture of all the wings--it was just fun. :-)

So what did they do remodeling the rooms? How did they actually change them?