Saturday, March 10, 2007

He who finds it will lose it.

I was just listening to a John Reuben song and it sounded like it was talking about the concept Jesus talks about in Matthew 10:39.
I had never really understood what Jesus siad in this verse: "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."

In the song Reuben says something like: if you live your life for things that don't really matter in the end and you die. Then really you had nothing all along.

It made me realize what Jesus meant. If you live your life to the 'fullest' as some people call it. Living for yourself and wasting your time. You may have lots of fun, but in the end you will lose your life. But whoever leaves his life to serve others and make the name of Christ great, then for losing your life at death you will have saved it.

It was kind of cool how it just clicked in my mind.

Till next post.
Your faithful typer,
Yokanchi

~
"Trouble with grammar have I, yes."
- Yoda
~

No comments: