Friday, April 21, 2006

Carl is my hero.

Lego Carl
This is way funny, thanks for the great posting material Chandler ! :)
Well, today we finally got our debate ballots! Our debate teacher has kind of been slacking a bit. Of course she's pretty busy, but it was kind of dissapointing to have to wait so long. Anyway, nothing much suprising. We only won one of our rounds. Interestingly enough the one we did win was against this guy that had come to our youth group activity a couple weeks before. That was the most fun debate because it was nice and slow, heh just the way we need it. Anyway, that was nice to FINALLY see how we did. Then today,
I gave a persuasive speech today. That was pretty fun. The speech was supposed to be 7-10 minutes. Well, I figured since this is the last speech I'll ever give for this class, and since my real teacher wasn't even there (subsitute) that I would go over time. I gave a 14 minute speech, which was quite amazing since I timed it before, reading all but the conclusion which was pretty short. I got 13 minutes when I timed it that time, afterwards I cut out a portion that was larger than the conclusion I didn't read and figured it'd be something like 11-12 minutes. Boy was I suprised when they said my time was 14 minutes. Anyway, that was really fun. I had fun doing that. What really made it interesting was the fact that actually I forgot my speech altogether. I had printed two copies out and stuck them in a folder last night and then forgot the folder today. (duh! somehow I knew this was going to happen) So I asked if I could use my laptop instead since I had the speech there on my laptop *Grin*. So I took a stack of chairs since the flimsy music stand wouldn't have held my laptop and proceeded to give my speech with the laptop (with the teacher's permission of course *grin* ).
That was great fun. I wrote the speech in 4 or 5 days lol, even though I had had two weeks to do it I didn't start it till this week. I was pretty amazed at how good it was for how late I started, but I was working on in almost non-stop throughout those days (at least when I wasn't doing something else I had to do) so it really isn't all that amazing, but good.
So, all in all this week was good.
Sorry about the really long (probably boring post). But that's what's been going on in this kid's life.

Till next post.
Your faithful typer,
Yokanchi

~
"Some ministers would make good martyrs; they are so dry they would burn well."
- Charles Haddon Spurgeon
~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I was really disappointed that Carl's ship didn't disintegrate. But since he survived, it looks like you want to see more of him?

Yokanchi said...

Heck yes!!!!