Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Oddly Enough News Article | Reuters.com

Oddly Enough News Article | Reuters.com

An interesting article for Y'all.

---
Update

Well, this week I have a piano recital this weekend. Actually I get to go to three recitals, since I have students in all three recitals. There's one student I'm really worried that he might not be very good. He's taken alot of work, but it doesn't seem like he's practicing or something, although I've gotten assurances that he is. Anyway, pray that he gets his act together for this Saturday, which is when we have the recital.

Me and Benjamin finally got a microphone this Sunday. So, I downloaded a really awsome free recording program called Audacity. By the way thanks Jim for recommending it to me it's working nicely.

So I recorded a somewhat good copy of a song I wrote and was planning on posting a copy of it on my blog, unfortunatly I looked at the size of the file (17mb!!)
and found that it's rather large. Too large in fact. So I'll have to figure out another way to share it.
Well that's all I really have to post about for now.

Till next post.
Your faithful typer,
Yokanchi

~
"Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source." - Ron Nesen
~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Wow... when I marry, I think I'll all the fun 'toys'. *grin*

2. It's "Benjamin and I" not "Me and Benjamin" :)

3. Did you save it as an MP3? If not, get the LAME MP3 Plugin for Audacity! Wave files are atrocioushly huge-onstrous-mungus!

4. Wow, recital's in ~4 days and only one of your students can make lesson today. Ugg.

Yokanchi said...

1. "when I marry, I think I'll all the fun 'toys'." That doesn't make any sense.

2. It's a WMA file, which you said was smaller than an mp3

3. Only one student that wasn't coming I'm worried about.

Anonymous said...

1. In accordance to the article you linked to.

2. Those *can be*, not always are.

Yokanchi said...

1. I checked that file and it is indeedy a wave file. So, that's definitly cool.
A. do you think it'll fit if I convert it to mp3 ?
B. Will you host it for me if it's small enough?

2. Where did you hear that they are not always
3. true?
4. <-- that's point four

Anonymous said...

1. Why are we using numbers still? Hmm...

2. Yep.

3. Yeap.

4. Experience, trying to get all that I could on my MP3 player, most get smaller, some don't.

5. I liked your fourth point ;)

Yokanchi said...

1. I hate blogger now. I had a whole post written out, and it burped it out of the stupid system!!

2. you started the number thing :p

3. yeah, wasn't number 4 sooo deep? There's just nothing more to be said!

4. I got the file, and If I you'd get online I'd send it to you and I could share it.

Anonymous said...

You couldn't send it if I was online. My firewall hates AIM. You'll have to email it to me.

Yokanchi said...

I e-mailed it to you.....