Friday, April 13, 2007

Yahweh

I just wanted to post about how great God is.

This week (and the past few) God's been teaching me how much he knows. I've been realizing how much I depend on myself and don't let him plan. I've still got alot of learning to do on the subject and changing my behaviour to match the reality, but it's wonderful to realize the good news of the fact that God works everything together for good to those who believe. Even though things that I don't like happen, the big picture (which is something else I've been learning in Old Testament Survey) is what's important and God is using whatever is happening for my good. I will be more experienced or trust God more, or bring Him glory more because of the trials OR blessings in my life always. It's hard, but I'm starting to get it more than I have ever before. I'm also learning to pray more.



Now, to what I wanted to post.

I just came back from a Lincoln Brewster concert that our school had in the chapel. It was an amazing time of praising Yahweh and bringing glory to our marvolous great almighty God. As I watched the 17 year old drummer up on stage banging away at the cymbals I was reminded of the ways in which the people would praise our God in the times of David. With bells and dancing and singing. And though we didn't have so much of the dancing, I began to praise God all the more remembering that this is what the nation of Israel had likely done in their times of exalting the Lord our God.





I'll have to post about what I did over spring break later. Remind me. I have some cool pictures from that and it was really cool.

But, for now, I just wanted to post about this while I was thinking about it and get it out to you all.







Till next post.
Your faithful typer.
Yokanchi

~
"A healthy adult male consumes each year one and one-half times his weight in other people's patience."
- John Updike
~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA! I absolutely loved your post! God really is awesome! He is beyond awesome. I have also been realizing just how amzing He is over the past few weeks. I've realized that one cannot live life without the guidance of Him.I've also realized you can't grow up until you've allowed Him to help you grow.Help really isn't such a bad thing. Pride is awful and gets in the way of life. Everyone needs to stop thinking,"Hey I can do this on my own. I'm strong. I don't need anyone's help." 'cause why you may be strong,you can't do it all on your own. Another thing I've learned over the past month is loving God with all of your heart isn't enough. You need to love Him with your entire mind as well. That is really hard to do because people get so stuck in the past or in the "bad" things of right now that we don't think of Him. When bad things come we could,instead of dwelling,think of how amazing God is and praise Him because we know He WILL get us through it all! Think on the things of Philipians 4:8 and even tho it is truley hard sometimes,it gets much easier as time goes on.