Monday, January 08, 2007

Beta or no?

Well this is my first post in blogger beta, which apparently isn't actually beta anymore. However, they don't call it blogger two. All I've seen about it is just saying it's not beta anymore, so apparently it's called blogger beta-not-beta... I dunno, anyway
I've decided I'm going to start posting in dialogue. That is to say I will start posting something as if it were spoken or quoted from something. I think after a few of those posts I'm going to switch to some other types of writing just to make it interesting and hopefully increase my writing skills.

"Right now I'm at Max's house and I stayed here last night. I think I'm going to go home later tonight playing games and watching tv late into the night is actually really fun, in case you've never tried it. Hmm, I wonder what's for breakfast. I'm hungry..."

(Not sure if this is going to turn out much different than my normal writing, but I had thought it would when I came up with the idea, we'll see)

Till next post.
Your faithful typer,
Yokanchi

~
"If Jesus were born one thousand times in Bethlehem and not in me, then I would still be lost."
- Corrie ten Boom
~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should try a few posts in iambic pentameter.

Yokanchi said...

I might if I knew what it was.

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iambic_pentameter

Unknown said...

I'm not so sure you can simply put quotes around your paragraphs and call it dialogue. You need to have at least one other personality dialoguing with you.

Yokanchi said...

Yeah I know what you mean. I meant for it to read like you would speak it. (it worked in my mind! lol)
Oh well. I think I'll try some other styles for now. But that's an idea. Creating a fictional character to dialogue with. We'll see.

Matt said...

That is a common literary technique, at least in the ancient world. Look at Plato's Republic--it is a series of dialogues.