Sunday, August 07, 2005

Home from Camp

Update

Well I got home from camp on Saturday with Max, Sergey, and my brother.
Camp was great. I guess I'll talk about the first week first (the first week i was up there i mean), and then get to highschool week.

I was on a-team for the Jr high week and as an a-team member I washed dishes, changed trash and stuff a lot. Wasn't anything very interesting happened. I did ask a girl to the banquet because she was cool and wasn't going to be there next week, but its not like we did anything different since the a-team always sits together anyway lol. But that was pretty cool. We got to play in the surprise hours. I played in all of them even though i was really tired from staying up late most the time.

High school week

High school week was interesting, fun, wacky.
I didn't really like my counselor. As counselors there are three kinds 1)The worst idiots 2)The kind you don't remember next year and 3) The most awesome ones you remember forever!

unfortunately my counsilor fell into a category slightly below 2 to where I'll probably never remember him unless he actually uses that e-mail address i gave him. He was just a little too snobby, and couldn't take any advice, even though he had never been to TPBC before.
This year for highschool week we did some really awesome stuff, like hike old man mountain at night, and we also played capture the flag campwide at night. Me and Max grabbed our flags (personal flags) and ran off to get a good defensive position.
Turns out we grabbed green flags somehow and thought they were orange. So we hid on orange's side being perimeter guards, and then almost got out. After that we went and got the right ones so we were with our cabin again.
This year we stayed in maple grove, it was nice not having to walk to a shower house, but the bathroom is really awful and old in that one. It wasn't so bad but kinda dirty. Anyway, that was only the second time I've stayed in that cabin as a camper (that i can remember)

As for the banquet, I didn't ask anyone to the highschool week banquet, because i didn't really know anyone i wanted to ask, although i was going to ask a friend named Bekah right before we went in since i didn't know who else to go with. Unfortunately i didn't even get to sit with her and faith because i never saw them till we were already seated. But it was ok i guess.
We had ribs, corn, potatoes, and rolls.

Our cabin did a really funny skit where Danny interviewed three people, and then three other people (i was one) did the arms for them separately causing them all to have really funny gestures. Personally I thought our skit was the most funny.

At camp i made a whole lot of friends this year, i think it was the least shy year for me LOL.

and that's about all, oh yes. Our speaker was a guy from Alpha omega institute Dan Korow was his name. He was a really great speaker, unfortunately the missionary for this week was a really awful speaker and as a kid that took one year of speech class, I could even speak better than him. :( and so it really bugged me when he went on about the way they send their newsletter for about 5-8 minutes and then went back to talk about something he already covered. He also stuttered and had a deer-in-the-headlights look most of the time. (which can be really uncomfortable when you're the person he's staring at) Anyway, I thought to myself, if I was this unprepared for public speaking I would have declined the offer to be the missionary of the week, seeing as how you have to speak or do something for an hour a day.

Well there was this one game "battleship assassins" a new game which we played for surprise hour and I think it deserves some mention, since it was such a fun game. We had four teams and each team started by catching waterballoons launched with a waterballoon launcher from a nearby hill. That was the boring part, but then we really got a fun part. Each team had a captain who wore two Alka-Seltzer necklaces and there were buckets of water in the middle which each team's assassins used with little cups to try and get the other team's commanders who just sat on a chair getting wet. I was a guard and I blocked as much water as i could from getting on Nollin (who was our commander).

It was a great week of camp and that just about sums all the haps up.

Till next post,
Your faithful typer.
Yokanchi (Billy)

~
"The MORE you sweat in training the LESS you bleed in battle."
~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yokanchi said...

sorry, i could have used spell checker, but it was such a long post and i was lazy this time. I didn't even proof read it. but i guess i'll go spell check it now, since it's a new day.

Be happy!
Yokanchi

Anonymous said...

Wow billy your pretty critical!
But that's OK.(this is Faith by the way. Bekah told me about your site.) I have a few of the same opinions. See you at camp-maybe winter!

Yokanchi said...

Your welcome KC :)
Do you think I'm being too critical faith?